1/13 Part one:

Last night I was buckling down to write my big screenplay and I had writer’s block. I am currently blocked. I wrote a page last night but I already know it’s crap. It’s because all the openings I’ve conceived of thus far have nothing to do with what the core of Condor is about.

CONDOR IS HEART BROKEN

Condor is torn between multiple lovers. All the space lizard Jazz is almost ancillary. I don;t know how a member of the US Air Force.

INSPIRATION FLASHES IN MY MIND

I just got an idea as I was writing and ruminating and I got an idea for the opening sequence that feels so much smoother than the others. And the pacing it establishes is much more to my liking.

I got the idea while I was looking at the painting Nehemin and Renee by Babara Rogers. They look so elegant. I seems fitting for Carmen and Condor.

Library Basement Painting

1/14 Part Deux:

I was up till like 3:00 AM last night but I wrote a page of my new script and it was correct. It felt right. It;s the beginging that I needed and it so perfectly sets up my story and Tone.

I focused in on the core of the story about love and found the most central and relevant conflict to introduce at the beginning.

Anyway I’m going to continue writing tonight, but without the pressure since I already got the story going on the right foot.

PS, I’m going to have to buy new pens tomorrow. Also hot chicks in yoga class this evening.

1/17

I still haven’t gotten those new pens. Maybe tomorrow. Also Caryn wanted me to put other inspiration in my journal. So here’s a video that inspired me. It’s the music video for THE PARACHUTE ENDING by BIRDY NAM NAM and it’s the style of animation I want for my project when it gets made. So when you’re reading my script try and imagine it looking somewhat like that.