Just in case we don’t have the option to post journals next week (I need my ten!!) here is an un-published “look back” from earlier in the quarter. weird to see it now and how it all played out:

I guess I’m going to reboot. Sifting through this bogus shitty manuscript and trying to can abolish it into something OK has sapped me of any and all creativity. Fuck it. Three weeks till due date? Hell yeah I can write twenty thousand words. Right? I’m gonna do the stork story. Laying in bed right now that idea sounds wonderful. I want it to start: “Newspaper headline reads, “STORK CALLS IT QUITS.” I just don’t think I can toil in Between and come up with anything I’m proud of. It’s a great story but I can’t get a handle on it. Not in the right headspace. Carrying that novel project into this quarter = a big fuckin mistake…. Stork quits. Okay. Then what? Little May Vandall has to go find it. Little Em Randall. Front teeth like a squirrel, big cheeks. Where does she go to find the stork? Is the stork male or female or does that matter? Who’s the supporting cast? So many questions. My eyes are heavy. Head is buzzing. I sleep now on the cusp of great change. Tomorrow i saw goodbye to Shep for a little while. Weird. Makes me feel kind of sad. He’ll understand. I’ll be back when I’m ready to tell his story.