Do you ever meet someone, and just know you are gonna love them? Not in some stupid romantic, Rom-Com bullshit way, but in the this person is gonna be my friend and I am gonna be excited about it way. This is how I felt when I met Connor. Connor is a good friend of mine, and a co-worker. Connor is kind of like a nice version of Regina George. His hair is a full of secrets and a lot of people wouldn’t mind if he hit them in the face. But he probably wouldn’t ever hit these people in the face, hence the nice part.

Connor kind of rambles his way into people’s lives and then when he leaves it for a day or two, people just kind of miss him and hope he returns. He isn’t afraid to throw around his opinion, but he does seem pretty bashful. I enjoy the honesty and earnest way he lives his life day to day. I have heard him compared to a golden retriever type of guy, but I watch and see something more.

Sometimes I worry about him, he is constantly trying to be and seem happy. I guess everybody just wants to be happy but the go lucky makes me feel even more grateful for the peeks into his less happy counterparts. I don’t understand how people just want to see the positivity from others and then walk away when they see the negative bits underneath. I watch and see the smile fall even if for the briefest of moments, and feel a weird sense of happiness.

I was Connor’s RA last year, and I hoped to be his friend, but it wasn’t until this year I got to see more than the happiness. More than the smiles and giggles, which I do really love to see and I know  I can always laugh along. But the more is always something I like to see even if it is just a watching moment.

It is a comfort to know he is more than the guy everyone loves.

As I am writing this he is sitting right beside me, and we talked about the first time we had met. It ended up being in some G.O. meeting or another, and I said I don’t remember exactly, but I know that we like each other. He laughed and said, “I’m glad you felt the need to tell me we didn’t hate each other’s guts the first time we met.”