Out of the past weeks, I can say this week's film and book has been exciting and interesting to say the least. I'm not going to lie, I was hesitant on reading The White Album. Mostly because it's not a book I normally wouldn't read. But as I began to read, I began to grow an interest in the book and how it is set up. The first thing that I noticed was the format, a series of essays laid out together to create a pseudo narrative. The book is non-fiction, but yet there's a story, following the work of Joan Didion. These essays are mini-stories, some of which I enjoyed reading but all of them I could breakdown and find techniques that I can use for future projects. Probably my favorite book from this class so far. The movie Masculin/Feminin, was certainly a different movie from what I'm used to watching. What I enjoyed about the movie was the juxtaposition of documentary and film. Not only that, they make it obvious that it's a movie. The main character, Paul, is practically surrounded by death. A man stabs himself in front of Paul, he resounds to that guys injury, but the scene ends and the next scene does not acknowledge it ever happening. It sucked that it was in French because I wanted to write more notes down, but by doing so I would be distracted from the subtitles. And I absolutely love the ending! So suddenly and caught me off guard! So far my favorite week out of the program.