What a week! The book and movie that we had to go over this week were tough! A lot different from what I have read and watch in the past. I have never read a book like The Rings of Saturn before. The book was probably the worse of the two this week. I’m not saying that every book I read has to be interesting or something I like, but I should still be able to break down a book and recognize storytelling elements. This book I didn’t not enjoy reading because of the lack of story, or at least an obvious one that I could retell to other people. There were no characters to relate to nor anything that would keep me wanting to read more (other than the fact it was a homework assignment). Overall I could not gather techniques of storytelling that I could bring to my own set of skills nor use for my future career as an animator. Thus why I didn’t like the book. The movie also lack a story and a hook to capture my attention. However, the use of visual techniques in the movie is something I did take note of as they still played a major role in the movie along with the verbal narrative.