He sleeps but he doesn’t dream. He sleeps for the whole night and for half of the day. He leads a gentle life. He is shy and unassuming, and he lives with a horrible case of crippling self-doubt. He pays attention to the world, more than most others. He notices when new graffiti pops up in the city. He takes pictures with his drugstore camera and hangs them up beside his mattress. He notices married couples. He feels pity, with a hint of jealousy. He spends his days roaming the street, noticing the world. He notices the sun and the moon. He notices the silhouettes of trees when 6 o’clock approaches. He notices the cracks in the sidewalk. He notices the endless, listless, anxious flow of traffic. He notices the way that people look at him. Some smile sympathetically, some avert their eyes quickly. He almost always makes eye contact with the human race. 

I’m at caffe vita. It’s 2:23 PM. I’m on my second cup of coffee. The barista, saying goodbye to some customers on their way out, said “Have a good night. I mean, have a good day.. Have a good year!” I LOVE people who have no perception of time! Lately, for me, time has been losing its meaning. I don’t pay attention to it anymore unless it’s absolutely necessary. Does time exist? Probably not. I’m well on my way towards my goal of completely disregarding the field of time. I want to forget that time ever even existed. So what if I drink coffee at 9PM, eat breakfast at 3AM, go to sleep at 4AM, wake up at 1PM (as I did today), walk through the woods till 7PM, eat lunch at 8PM, then dinner at 9PM, then breakfast at 10PM… I want to get rid of all the clocks in my life. I want to live according to my own internal clock, not society’s clock.