COVID Case Reporting
FACULTY AND STAFF GUIDANCE FOR WHEN AN EMPLOYEE OR STUDENT REPORTS A CONFIRMED OF SUSPECTED COVID-19 INFECTION
Steps to Take:
- Ask the individual to fill out a Health Verification Form on my.evergreen.edu if they have not already.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality regarding who you share the information with, and only do so with people who need to know (g.HR, the Health Assessment Team, faculty teaching partners, and/or county health officials).
- Develop a remote work or learning plan when possible.
- Let the individual know someone from Evergreen’s Health Assessment Team will contact them to verify the nature of the case or presumed exposure, identify who may have been similarly exposed, and coordinate with localpublic health departments when necessary.
- Email email@example.com if you believe immediate action is needed
- Ask general questions about how they’re doing and whether they’ll be able to continue working/learning remotely. For example, you should be able to discern if they are in the ER and cannot work, or if they are resting at home and need remote work assignments if possible.
- Do NOT ask specific questions about their condition (which can be health history). For example, you should not ask about are the results of a COVID-19 test or their temperature.
- It is reasonable to ask questions about where they have been working on campus and when. Contact tracing and notification should not be undertaken. This is critical to maintain the integrity of the process with public health investigations.
- Supervisors should alert HR using the firstname.lastname@example.org to connect the employee with information about leave options, if necessary.
- Individuals determined to have come in close contact with the individual will be contacted separately by Evergreen’s Health Assessment Team and/or local Health Department.
- Peoples’ identities are closely protected and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis, such as a public health response, HR actions, and work area management.
- If you have questions or concerns, contact email@example.com.